Deciding to get weight loss surgery is one thing. But qualifying for it is another. You could qualify for surgery if your Body Mass Index (BMI) is at least 40, or if your BMI is at least 35 and you have other significant health issues related to your weight, such as high blood pressure or diabetes.
Complete the form below to determine your BMI and see if you qualify for surgery.
- BMI below 18.5 is considered underweight
- BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 is considered healthy
- BMI between 25.0 and 29.9 is considered overweight
- BMI between 30.0 and 34.9 s considered obese
- BMI between 35.0 and 39.9 is considered severely obese
- BMI of 40+ is considered morbidly obese
Note: BMI cannot distinguish between excess fat and muscle. The BMI of an extremely muscular person may be classified as obese, when clearly, he or she is not.
Are you a candidate for weight loss surgery? Call our office to determine if you are ready to take the next step.