The body mass index chart helps to identify an individual’s likely BMI.
Complete the form below to determine your BMI and see if you qualify for surgery.
- BMI below 18.5 is considered underweight
- BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 is considered healthy
- BMI between 25.0 and 29.9 is considered overweight
- BMI between 30.0 and 34.9 s considered obese
- BMI between 35.0 and 39.9 is considered severely obese
- BMI of 40+ is considered morbidly obese
Note: BMI cannot distinguish between excess fat and muscle. The BMI of an extremely muscular person may be classified as obese, when clearly, he or she is not.
Obesity has been recognized as a serious health threat by health organizations such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), National Institute of Health (NIH) and many key medical professional societies such as the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) and the American Heart Association.